Jul 29, 2008

Paris - Day ?? - July 8, 2008


Théophile Barrau, Suzanne, 1895, Marble
Restaurant Eliance Orsay, Musée d'Orsay, Paris, France, ©photo musée d'Orsay


I found some receipts so I can retrace my Paris steps now.

Up early to go to the Musee d'Orsay for the Impressionist works. Clay and I have a question as to whether the collection is bigger and or better than the Art Institute of Chicago. Also, what would the retail value of each of the works be. Clay wasn't feeling well, so half way through the museum we decided to have lunch there at the Restaurant Eliance Orsay. Eliance is basically a catering company that has the contract for the museum, so I wasn't expecting too much from the food. The ambiance was beautiful, and I thought that'd be enough.

We ordered a bottle of Pommery Champagne to begin. I had an asiette de fromage, of which I'm not sure what particular cheeses I'm served. They are surprisingly good though, Clay has gaspacho petit pois. For our entrees, I had entrecote with pommes frite while Clay has pave de foie de veau. Both entrees are fantastic. Perfectly prepared.

There was a table of four American ladies at the table next to us and I was almost ashamed to be from the same country, They basically ordered one prix fixe menu to split between three of them with one other dish to supplement their measly meal.

But, back to us. Clay finish with ice cream, his dessert of choice at almost every meal. They did have interesting flavors, but I'll need to consult with him to get his input.

After lunch, Clay still was pooped so he went back to the apartment and I finished the museum.

No comments: