Feb 27, 2006

Spandau Ballet - Gold: The Best of Spandau Ballet



"Only When You Leave" by Spandau Ballet

"I'll Fly For You" by Spandau Ballet

"Paint Me Down" by Spandau Ballet

Slipping back again... to when I really loved Spandau Ballet and the term "New Romantic" was coined. I am not ashamed to admit that I was into ALL of them. The obvious: Adam & the Ants, ABC, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode. And the more obtuse: Visage, Blancmange, Scritti Politti. I had a teacher that was into punk and when I brought up the possibility of "New Wave" being a political response to the conservatism of the burgeoning Thatcher/Reagan era and the whole "Me" generation, he would scoff. Punk, to him, was the only truly rebellious moment/movement. But, truth be told, any time a guy wears more makeup than his girlfriend and more frilly shirts than Shirley Jones, a rebellion is in play...

All things GOLD are available at Amazon

No comments: